I've got 10 years' experience working at Google before I made the decision to move into gaming full-time OSRS Gold. Matt's career spans building Hollywood computer systems for movie sets, a stint in South Korean esports and mobile game development. We're so excited to share what we've created using This Means Warp.

A variety of video games have been a source of inspiration for aspiring developers to make their own. But it's uncommon to see an original work that is picked up by the same company that created the original title.

That was not the case with Brendan Malcolm, the one-man team of Australian producer Games By Malcs, whose idle RPG Melvor Idle is currently being released by Jagex, the creator of RuneScape -- a game that was at the heart of Malcolm's motivation for his own game.

Melvor Idle strips away the images and 3D environments from RuneScape and other similar MMOs and distills it down to a menu-based idle game where players are able to manage their inventory, skills and quests. In combat, completing battles and winning awards XP and loot, which can be put into any skills tree or upgrades players wish to purchase, and repeating activities such as making or cutting wood can bring each of them benefits.

Malcolm has been playing RuneScape from the age of a child and has also dabbled in some of the most popular idle games, like Clicker Heroes, Cookie Clicker and NGU Idle. Although he liked them however, he believed that the genre could be doing something more rewarding in the same way to Jagex's top RPG.

"So I decided to create my own without even imagining how it would actually be released, let alone become the kind of game that is so popular," he tells GamesIndustry.biz. "I wanted to create something that wasn't in the typical idle game mold one that was feature-rich and RS Gold Buy gave players actual choice about how they wanted to move forward and not just increase numbers over time.