WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Infant Oshane Ximines Jersey , Week 17PodcastsBig Blue View RadioGiants Free Agency 2019[Podcast] Dan and Chris react to quiet start for Giants in free agencyNew,25commentsDan and Chris react to the first day of legal tamperingEDTShareTweetShareShare[Podcast] Dan and Chris react to quiet start for Giants in free agencyGeoff Burke-USA TODAY SportsThe 2019 NFL Free Agency is underway — well, almost. We are in the “Legal Tampering Period” in which teams can talk to (soon to be) free agents and come to agreements on contracts, but are not yet allowed to put pen to paper. Things have been quiet for the New York Giants, who, to our knowledge, have not yet legally tampered with any free agents. However, there have already been some big moves made and eye-opening numbers thrown around elsewhere in the NFL. And unfortunately for the Giants, some of those names and numbers impact free agents fans have targeted to be options to fill holes on the roster in advance of the 2019 NFL Draft. So with Giants’ adjacent news afoot, Dan and Chris reacted. In this podcast: All quiet on the Giants frontThe boom in the safety market - Landon Collins- Tyrann Mathieu- Adrian Amos The Giants’ remaining options at safety, and what interest they might have. - Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix- Antoine Bethea - Tre BostonEDGE rushers getting big money- Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith to Green BayThe Giants’ options to replace Olivier Vernon - Markus Golden- Shaq Barrett - Nick PerryBig-money being thrown around at offensive tackles - Trent Brown- Ju’waan James - Bobby HartWhat will happen with Daryl Williams? You can listen to the episode of the podcast here or with the embedded player below:The Big Blue View Crew will be back to bring free agency news to you and react to it as we get it. There could be multiple podcasts over the coming days, so subscribe to get them as we release them!Where to subscribeYou can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSSFinally, be sure to check out the home page for all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network. The Vikings are stuck with quarterback Kirk Cousins through 2020. And that fact apparently kept them from signing CFL quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell.Via 3downnation.com Oshane Ximines Jersey Draft , Mitchell recently said that he worked out last December for the Vikings, after being named the CFL’s Most Outstanding Player. Coach Mike Zimmer, according to Mitchell, was present.After the workout, an unnamed team official met with Mitchell and asked how he could help the Vikings win.“I was like, ‘Well, for one, I’ve never been anywhere in football and not won a championship as a starter,'” Mitchell said. “‘High school, DI, DI-AA, now here in the CFL. Everywhere I’ve ever been I’ve won a championship within the first three years I’ve been there. I can help you do that. I’m going to come in here, I’m going to take Kirk’s job.'”That wasn’t what the Vikings wanted to hear Oshane Ximines NFL Jersey , according to Mitchell.“He was like, ‘Oh, no, no, n-n-n-no, we don’t want you to take Kirk’s job. We want you to come in here, help him with his eyes, tell him what you see, do everything you can to make him a better quarterback. But we need a good quarterback room, we don’t want you to cause controversy. At that moment I was like, ‘Well, I’m not signing with the Minnesota Vikings.’“I don’t understand that thought process. All that tells me is there’s a culture in that building right now that, ‘Hey Oshane Ximines NFL Draft , your job is secure because of the money we paid you. Don’t worry about anything you do or the decisions you make or anything the media says, just do what we tell you to do and you’re going to be fine.’ It’s mind-blowing. You don’t even want a guy that’s pushing him or creating competition.”While Mitchell’s version of the events may indeed be accurate, the Vikings wouldn’t be the only team that wants a backup quarterback who knows his place. There’s a way to push the starter and to create competition without having a clear and open effort by the backup to supplant the guy who holds the job.Regardless of the manner in which Mitchell interpreted the message from the Vikings, the contract given to Cousins says it all. Three years, $84 million, fully guaranteed. It’s his job, unless and until the Vikings decide that they’ve had enough, and that they’re willing to pay all or part of his $29.5 million salary in 2020 for him to go away.Depending on what happens over the course of the next 12 games, that could be what happens.